Sunday, September 16, 2007

So, this past summer has been quite a delightful experience. One of the best, by far if i must say. But then again, if you think about it, every summer has always been "one of the best". Each one is a different experience, consisting of unique components that make it worthy of being a runner-up for the "Best Summer Ever" title. With that being said, I highly doubt that there ever WILL be a winner in that category--at least not in this life of mine, which is constantly changing for the better or worse.

Lets see. This summer has definitely mirrored the college life. Not to the exact point, but similar in many aspects, nonetheless. My parents have become considerably more lenient, in which i am extremely grateful for. I doubt I would be able to adapt to the intensity of changes from total freedom in San Diego to the imprisonment back home if that wasn't the case. Luckily, my parents have extended curfew time (even though they complain, they usually drop it the next morning). It must be because of the fact that I work full time and am taking full responsibility of making my own money to support myself for the nine months in sd. So they understand that the only time i can go out and have a social life is at night. Hoot, Hoot, I have become a nocturnal night owl. =)

Speaking of which, call me crazy, but I LOVE..
WORK
.
I do, I do, I do! My dentist is a wonderful boss. He can be stern at times when it comes to quality of work and timely management; yet, he is such a bundle of joy when it comes to playing around! He makes work so much better. I'd be working, and he'd be making fun of me, teasing me, and cracking the lamest jokes in the world! He's always telling me how he and his wife (my other boss) wants to clone me when i go to SD just so they could have me working in the office 24/7. I am absolutely flattered! *blushes.

Dentist: "Why are you always so happy and bubbly, Kaitlyn? I guess that means I have to be meaner to you then."
Me: "Why would you want me to be sad! That's just mean =( "
Dentist: "Because it's fun making my staff cry."

What else. Oh, and my coworkers are amazing. We bully each other all the time. And whenever a cutie walks in for his appointment, they'd run into my office and tell me to check him out with them. We'd be, "Hm...is he cute? Nahhhhhh." "Too old." "Too young." "Too short." "Too tall." "Too skinny." "Too fat. " But then again, we all have different taste in guys. =)


Okay, enough about work.
FRIENDS.
The ultimate downside of this summer is that I haven't been able to spend as much time as i wanted to with certain people, namely, Cindy and Kim. I'm really sorry for that. The upside of this summer, however, is that I've been able to meet so many random people and have a jolly time with them--my coworker's friends (ages 22+), steve's friends from cerritos, vivian's LA friends (whom we all got introduced to at the club), and just random people that come and go every so often. =)

Oh, and I definitely can NOT possibly forget the night when i finally saw shooting stars for the very first time. That was the most spontaneous night ever. Driving to Villa Park (rich-ass neighborhood), lying on the grass at 4 in the morning, looking up at the sky for stars flashing at random intervals. sighh. =) <3
BOYS department.
Um, yeah. I don't feel comfortably telling this to the public so i guess i'll skip around a bit. Hm, summer flings. =) I don't know. For some odd reason, people are always surprised when they hear my stories. I guess my history with boys aren't what most would expect. Friend (one day on the phone)--"Yeah, so i had a talk with this anonymous person and we both agreed that you should just choose one and settle already, goddamit kaitlyn!" LOL, it's not that simple! I'm easy to get along, I think (I hope?). But it's just, I don't know, hard? I'm not saying that I mess around. Because I don't. Thats not my intention at all. It's just, well, I never imagine myself just dating around. I really don't think I'm that type. But my friends always tell me, "Go for it! Give him a chance. It's not like you'll marry him or anything. Life's about having fun, taking chances, but still being smart about it." So, I guess I take their advice? Give them a date, or two. but never anything serious. And at the same time, being smart about it. By being smart, I mean not giving in. I don't know, I do want a boyfriend, but at the same time, I don't. Either because I'm scared to, or i haven't found the right one to complement me.

"Go with the flow." Oh yes.


Ladeedaaa, I'm done. There's my update for the summer. Whew, i haven't been able to write a full update in so long. My pinky hurts from typing so much. =( I think my fingers are broken. They look funny. Rawr.

Goodnight. =)